Monday, January 29, 2007

Allie Baller to run marathon for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society

Allie Baller has just informed me that she is going to run The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s marathon on April 28, 2007 and raise $3500 for the ongoing fight against cancer....all in honor of me! Allie, who now lives in New York, is a dear friend from our beloved yellow house at the University of Virginia. She is mother to 2 adorable and energetic young boys and travels around the world as an international business woman with IBM. How she can find the time to train for a marathon is incredible! The fact that she is running it in my honor and is raising so much money for Leukemia and Lymphoma research gives me goosebumps-- how lucky I am to have such amazing friends!!! You can join me in supporting Allie's fund raising efforts by March 15, 2007, at http://www.active.com/donate/tntwhv/ABaller . I can tell you first hand how important research funding is - I benefit from it every day. GO ALLIE!!!

4 Comments:

At Monday, January 29, 2007 10:07:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Allie, this is wonderful news. Steve and I are signing up to support your marathon to benefit the Leukemia and Lymphoma society. Plus, you and Amy will be with Lilli for her last treatment in March. What great friends you are!
With much appreciation, Martha Smith (Lil's mom)

 
At Thursday, February 01, 2007 9:42:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Lilli,

What devoted friends you have! It was wonderful to read Kim's "report", and to see the photo of you together--two beautiful young women. You look great!

At 69, it's a bit hard to remember ever being young enough to fit all of Allie's activities into a busy life, and of course I never in the world could have run a marathon, so
I certainly admire her for her commitment to you and your cause.

I can see that Kim and Allie are just two of the many friends whose
support is so helpful to you--many blessings during a hard fight.

I wish you those blessings always.
I'll check in soon again,

Love, Betsy

 
At Friday, February 02, 2007 5:44:00 PM, Blogger For Lilli from Fang family said...

Hi Lilli,
It is so so wonderful to hear that you have so many wonderful friends to support you and they are your backbone not only physically but also spiritually. This is really an unique way to connect people around you and to support you for fighting the disease. Victory is ahead and only three more to go.
Many many blessings and best wishes.

 
At Monday, February 12, 2007 5:11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Lilli,
Your spirit and determination are truly inspiring. I so admire & appreciate your updates & the reports from Martha & David & now Kim. You are rich in family and friends, and it is great to read what a presence Adam is in your life. Thank you for sharing. Your optimism and courage are SUCH gifts to family & friends suffering with you.
All the best with prayers,
Carol Groom (your mom's old friend from Phillips, TX; now in Warren, VT - a very cold place as you will recall from one long ago ski trip cut short)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home