Another checkup
Just when you maybe start to think about it a little less every day, they make you go back. I had a checkup today –no scan, just a blood draw and node feel. I think the basic purpose of it is just so you don’t forget about them (as if). The Farber was bursting at the seams. I parked in the last possible space in the lowest level of the over flow garage. Six levels down. I started shedding a few tears on about level 5 – why are there so many patients!? The receptionists were typically awful, with their predictable refusal to say hello or look you in the eye. There were no empty seats in the waiting room. There is way too much cancer in this world. My checkup was fine. Counts normal, no lumps felt. Both Dr LaCasce and Dr Mauch were away - another indication of how small a deal this was. It’s very, very good to be healthy and completely back to normal, just depressing to think about what could be lurking. Of course, it’s probably not and I think I have a healthy outlook about it most of the time. Just going back to the Farber reminds you how many people are sick and what it was like to be sick. Then I went and looked at progress on the new building…also kind of depressing, they’ve just dug a bigger hole - I guess there will be lots of parking there too. When I got home, I found out that the little boy, Ethan, who I’ve been pulling for was also back in the medical area today - however under much more dire circumstances. Please pray hard for him. Life is fragile.

3 Comments:
So glad to hear your check up was just fine, but so sorry to hear about Ethan Lent. That’s really bad news. I’m praying hard. Love, Mom
Lilli, I was so happy to read that your check-up went well, and I know how hard it must be to return to the Farber each time. I'll be praying for little Ethan. Love, Amy
I will be praying for Ethan . . . and thanking God for your check up. Love, Karen
Post a Comment
<< Home