Thursday, May 31, 2007

Follow-up 1

Today I went back to the Farber for my first follow up appointment. I was not happy about going back as it conjured up a lot of old thoughts and fears that I've started to pack away. However, it was reassuring to have 5 experienced professionals feel my neck and arm and tell me that everything still looks fine. It also made me realize how quickly we start to take things for granted. No, my throat dosen't hurt anymore. My bowels are just fine thanks and I don't have extraordinary fatigue anymore! Answering all these questions reminded me how glad I am to be healthy again. I saw a friend at the Faber whom I met at a cancer retreat for young adults in April. He was not doing so well. He had come in an ambulance, was in a wheel chair, and said he felt like he was completely falling apart. He has a brain tumor. Ugh. When I get on my bike tomorrow, I will remember to be thankful that I am able to ride. As I ride up a hill, I will think of him and be glad that the money that I'm raising for the PMC will go towards helping those who aren't lucky enough to be back on their bikes.

2 Comments:

At Friday, June 01, 2007 10:37:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Lilli. What a sigh of relief to be finished with the process and now going to follow up appts! Glad to see your picture is now upright -- that's major success. The Blakes are really looking forward to seeing you in a few weeks.

Carol

 
At Sunday, June 03, 2007 3:35:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right-side up again! We can't wait to celebrate having you well and home for your birthday June 15. Love, Mom and Dad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home