Done
Today was my last day of radiation. I made my last trip across all the bridges to the nice technicians who zapped me with powerful, un-guaranteed radiation beams. And that's it. There will be a follow up appointment in 6 weeks and scans every 6 months for a while, and hopefully I will get this horrible port out of my chest soon....but no more chemo, no more radiation, done done done. I've been waiting so long for this day and I am, of course, very glad that it's over, but somehow I thought I'd be happier. I guess it's kind of like coming to the end of a very tough journey. One that leaves you unable to eat solid food, missing your hair, and really really tired. So while treatment is over, I've still got a bit of recovering to do. Thankfully and appropriately, the spell of rotten rainy weather here in Boston ended today and the sun came out. Tomorrow the sun will be out too and I'll get better one day at a time.

9 Comments:
Congratulations on reaching this milestone -- in what at times has probably seemed to be an unending portion of your life's journey. The renewal of spring happens one day at a time beginning today. Congratulations!
Marjo
Lilli!
CONGRATULATIONS!
A long hard-fought battle - and now your body can heal and return to optimal lilli-state.
I wish I could be there to celebrate with you. Have an amazing weekend!
kim
bravo! i'm in awe. sending many big hugs your way. xoxoxo
Lilli,
You are an inspiration. I have often heard people quickly describe their chemo and radiation, but never have I felt that I understood. You make that easier. You remain in our prayers and we congratulate you on having finished this part of the road. Upward and onward.....
Glenda
Love you so much. Now the non-medical healing begins, which can be scary and sometimes long, but faith, hope, and time can heal a lot and you are one hell of a woman to go through this. I love you much.
Congratulations Lilli! I'm so glad that these treatments have come to an end for you. I know you're going to be feeling better and getting stronger each day. Take care of yourself and enjoy! xoxo Pam
Lilli,
Congrats on finishing all of your chemo and radiation! You are truly amazing.
Susan Dixon
WOO HOO! Way to go Lilli! We are so very proud of you. Baby Vivian can't wait to meet her cool auntie Lil this summer! Thanks, by the way, for the wonderful card you sent - we loved hearing from you. See you soon! Love, Patti
Lilli,
I just wanted to say congratulations too. You've come to an important milestone, and you deserve a round of applause for your accomplishment. Keep your spirits up, we're all still thinking of you back in NoVA!
-Patrick McQ
Post a Comment
<< Home